ETX student brings gun on campus | News
BULLARD, TX (KLTV)- Rod Fletcher, the Headmaster at The Brook Hill School in Bullard, confirms a student brought a rifle on school property after school hours last week.
Headmaster Fletcher released this statement to KLTV:
"On Thursday evening after school hours a student drove his pickup truck on campus and the vehicle contained a deer rifle. The hunting rifle was never taken from the vehicle nor was there any evidence collected that indicated the rifle was brought for a purpose to harm anyone at the school nor was there any evidence of ammunition present. The situation was reported to local authorities and handled without anyone being placed in danger. The single student involved in this unfortunate situation is no longer enrolled at Brook Hill. The school is pleased with the assistance received from the local authorities and the parents of the young man. Out of respect for those involved I am not at liberty to discuss this situation any further."
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tyler students awarded donated bicycles for their good behavior
- HUG a Firefighter program eases kids' fears of firefighters in full gear
- Man texting and driving loses control, hits utility pole on Loop 323
- East Texans remember: 'America changed that day'
- Ables-Land Office Supply celebrates 50 years in business