Water main leak closes section of Tyler roadway | News
TYLER, TX (KLTV)- A water main leak has a Tyler roadway partially blocked.
According to Tyler Utilities and Public Works Managing Director Greg Morgan, a call came in around 8:15 a.m. Friday about water coming up from the roadway on College Street just south of Front Street.
Crews were immediately sent out to investigate the issue, which was determined to be a water main leak probably resulting from a main break.
After calling for a utility locate, a construction crew was called to the site to excavate it and find the exact cause of the leak.
Part of College Street has been barricaded just south of Front. At this point, there is no estimated time of completion. Motorists should use Bois d' Arc or Broadway as alternate routes.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Student safety concerns prompt ETX apartment renovations
- Arrest affidavit reveals details surrounding East Texans' solicitation of a minor charge
- Tyler's second emergency warning test this month
- Breast cancer patient: 'I'm facing my new reality. I'm a survivor.'
- Man arrested for theft of metal parts in Smith County
- VIRAL VIDEO: Man shares Abercrombie & Fitch clothing with homeless
- Liberty Hall welcomes singer, songwriter and author David Berkeley
- Hospice East Texas named as Prestigious 2013 HOSPICE HONORS recipient
- Registration opens for kids summer drama camp at Liberty Hall
- Lone Star chefs asked to 'go local' during Go Texan Restaurant Roundup