E. Texas charity hosts first charity event | Community Spirit
The Preslee Foundation was started in November of last year after the Blakeneys lost their daughter, Preslee Rene’ Blakeney, just nine days after she was born. Family and friends went out of their way to help during their time of need. Now they want to give back to the Tyler community. Between medical bills and funeral expenses, the death of a child can sometimes be more than a family can handle. This foundation helps pay for funeral expenses for infants.
The Preslee Foundation is hosting their first silent auction and cocktail event on Aug. 11 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Come support this cause while enjoying music by Daniel De La Rocha, a silent auction, hors d'oeuvres, and refreshments.
This event will take place at the OneREALTOR Center located at 2772 S. Southeast Loop 3
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Student safety concerns prompt ETX apartment renovations
- Arrest affidavit reveals details surrounding East Texans' solicitation of a minor charge
- Tyler's second emergency warning test this month
- Breast cancer patient: 'I'm facing my new reality. I'm a survivor.'
- Man arrested for theft of metal parts in Smith County
- VIRAL VIDEO: Man shares Abercrombie & Fitch clothing with homeless
- Liberty Hall welcomes singer, songwriter and author David Berkeley
- Hospice East Texas named as Prestigious 2013 HOSPICE HONORS recipient
- Registration opens for kids summer drama camp at Liberty Hall
- Lone Star chefs asked to 'go local' during Go Texan Restaurant Roundup