Flower Hill Farm offers home-grown, organic produce beginning Saturday | Business
Introducing a wonderful new business, right here in East Texas, that we are happy to welcome to our community!
Flower Hill Farm is located in the East Texas Hill Country, near Henderson. It is owned and lovingly operated by Matthew and Janet McKinney. Along with their five children, they raise and sell specialty cut flowers, herb plants and wholesome vegetables.
The McKinneys say,"Our love for working with our hands outdoors has led us on a 13-year endeavor that continues to blossom with new opportunities. We continually try new techniques and are always experimenting with different flower, herb, and vegetable varieties."
"As the farm continues to grow, our vision is to enhance the long-term productivity of the soil, the health of the surrounding ecosystem, the healthful benefits of our crops, the taste of our food, and raising our family in a healthy, productive, sustainable environment," they add.
Come meet the McKinneys THIS Saturday, March 24th, at their Flint, TX location, directly across from Grace Fellowship Church on Old Jacksonville Hwy. (18787 FM 2493 Flint 75762).
They will have fresh herb and heirloom tomato plants for sale, and a few varieties of early produce.
Local honey and farm fresh eggs will be offered from fellow farmers within the farm's local network of CSA growers.
You DO NOT have to be a CSA member to make a purchase on Saturday.They will be at the location on Old Jacksonville on Saturday from 8a.m.until noon.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Student safety concerns prompt ETX apartment renovations
- Arrest affidavit reveals details surrounding East Texans' solicitation of a minor charge
- Tyler's second emergency warning test this month
- Breast cancer patient: 'I'm facing my new reality. I'm a survivor.'
- Man arrested for theft of metal parts in Smith County
- VIRAL VIDEO: Man shares Abercrombie & Fitch clothing with homeless
- Liberty Hall welcomes singer, songwriter and author David Berkeley
- Hospice East Texas named as Prestigious 2013 HOSPICE HONORS recipient
- Registration opens for kids summer drama camp at Liberty Hall
- Lone Star chefs asked to 'go local' during Go Texan Restaurant Roundup