Tyler Library celebrates the birthday of Dr. Seuss | Arts & Culture
Released by The City of Tyler:
March 1 and 2, Tyler Public Library is hosting a birthday bash for Theodore Geisel—better known to millions of readers around the world as America's most beloved children's author, Dr. Seuss.
At 10:30 a.m. on Thursday and Friday, March 1 and 2, storyteller and Library Programming Associate Evelyn McLane and friends share Seuss books, games and crafts for preschool children in the Library Auditorium. The birthday celebration will include a special showing of the original 1942 short film: Horton Hatches the Egg.
The Seuss birthday story times are free and open to the public. No registration is needed for families to attend, but groups must make reservations. For more information or to make a group reservation, contact the Library by phone at (903) 593-7323 or online at www.tylerlibrary.com.
Information on this and other City of Tyler events is listed on our website at www.CityofTyler.org, on our Twitter page at www.Twitter.com\TylerEvents; or become a friend of The City of Tyler, Texas on www.Facebook.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Student safety concerns prompt ETX apartment renovations
- Arrest affidavit reveals details surrounding East Texans' solicitation of a minor charge
- Tyler's second emergency warning test this month
- Breast cancer patient: 'I'm facing my new reality. I'm a survivor.'
- Man arrested for theft of metal parts in Smith County
- VIRAL VIDEO: Man shares Abercrombie & Fitch clothing with homeless
- Liberty Hall welcomes singer, songwriter and author David Berkeley
- Hospice East Texas named as Prestigious 2013 HOSPICE HONORS recipient
- Registration opens for kids summer drama camp at Liberty Hall
- Lone Star chefs asked to 'go local' during Go Texan Restaurant Roundup